Friday, April 17, 2009

My Next Big Project

Since my paternal Grandmother, Ann,  passed away a few years back, I have been planning to take all of her recipes and the rests of the family favorites and create a cookbook. 

  I finally figured out what is holding me back. Too many recipes too little time! 
Lucky for me I have 3 sisters one brother and 10 nieces and nephews. Not to mention 2 sons and a husband who cooks.  

  I now have a plan. I am now in the process of distributing the recipes for everyone to test and update. Many of them are so old the call for Spry as the fat.  Others or only cryptic outlines. Some only list the ingredients, no instructions included.

Right now I am looking at "Blurb.com" for my template.  The most important aspects for my cookbook are flexibility, the ability to add photos-black and white, color and as many as I wish, the ability to design my own cover and page style,  ability to order only 40 copies or so.  If any one knows of or has used software that can do all of these things, lease email me or comment.

   Thanks.

I will certainly keep you updated about the process. I'll share recipes and photos along the way.  I'll let you know about the disasters too.

No comments:

Post a Comment