Monday, March 23, 2009

Cooking last weekend

I spent most of the last weekend cooking for friends and family.
My goal was to make dinners from items I already had at home and to not purchase a single new ingredient.

Saturday night I (along with my talented side kick and husband, Mike) made Potato Gnocchi in a Radicchio Sauce.
The radicchio is one I had previously purchased to do a photo sample with my friend and Photographer, Jennifer Marx.
It was a beautiful Raddichio Variegato di Castelfranco, yellow to green in color with red specks. You can see it on my website on the home page. kimfoodstylist.com
It almost looks like a rose.

Anyway, the sauce was a recipe I found on Lydia Bastianich's website, in her blog area. Her recipe is for a Ricotta Gnocchi, bud sticking to my plan- I had potato, but no ricotta in the house. Still, it was delicious.

We had started the meal with a bottle of Prosecco and a thin crusted pizza with oven roasted tomatoes and thyme with a finish of grey sea salt.

We finished with a butter cake from the Weekend Baker. Delicious. Soft Crumb. Buttery flavor.

Sunday, one of my sister's and her family joined us for Sunday dinner. With and abundance of potatoes and monterey Jack cheese in the fridge, I whipped up twice baked potatoes with pesto and monterey jack. The recipe came for the Cooks Illustrated website. A definite keeper.

Baked ham and sauteed asparagus rounded out the meal leaving just enough room for Blondies with chocolate and pecans.

As I figure this all out I will include more pictures, recipe links etc.

But for now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment