Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Next Generation in a Baking Family


I have three sisters and one brother,  3 brothers in law and a sister in law on my side of the family. (My husband is from a family of six kids).  When ever there is a family gathering, there is food, LOTS of food. 


Baking was the forte of my maternal grandmother, my paternal grandmother was a fine cook and excellent baker.  Of my generation, we all have our specialties, siblings and spouses alike.

So, needless to say, I was delighted when my 13 year old niece expressed a strong desire to learn how to bake pies and cakes.  Last summer she took a decorating class through Wilton. She has done some really great work since then.

Most recently she made her cousins 8th grade graduation cake.  She baked a double layer sheet cake from scratch, and then decorated it.  She did a fine job.  I look forward to her future as a baker.  She's well on her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment